Since 1923, Gospel Folio Press has had two main objectives: distributing literature for gospel outreach efforts including gospel tracts and providing Bible teaching materials for those involved in children’s work and Bible study classes. Over 80 years later, our interests and objectives remain the same.
Conversations with those working with children and new believers revealed the need for help with Bible lesson preparation and presentation. Line Upon Line Modular Bible Lessons were developed and designed to meet this need. The intended audience for this material are Sunday schools, youth group classes. small group Bible studies. and summer camp work. The Bible lessons were created with the “three C’s” in mind; the Word must be Clear, Concise, and Consecutive.
The title, “Line Upon Line Modular Bible Lessons” is taken from Isaiah 28:9-10: “Whom will he teach knowledge? And whom will he make to understand the message? Those just weaned from milk? Those just drawn from the breasts? For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept, line upon line, line upon line, here a little, there a little.”
The Bible is a book of thought (“precept”), order (“line”), progression (“upon”), and simplicity (“a little”). Bible teaching material should have the same characteristics. GFP’s modular Bible lessons:
* Total seventeen 13 week modules (a five year cycle) providing a comprehensive Bible overview of the: Old Testament, the Gospels, and the book of the Acts.
* Include four age-group levels: Primary (grades 1-3), Intermediate (grades 4-6), Junior High (grades 7-10), and Advanced (senior teens and adults).
* Have a separate pre-school curriculum covering basic concepts of the Bible and the Christian faith (4 books of 12 lessons each).
Our three main objectives for these Line Upon Line Modular Bible Lessons:
- To teach the whole counsel of God to the whole family at the appropriate level of age and stage of life.
- To preach and teach Christ as the answer to man’s sinful state and as the great object and principle of the believer’s life, with the objective that the Spirit of God will use it to the salvation and sanctification of young people and adults.
- To not only reach the students through the teacher, but to encourage and assist teachers in their own walk with Christ and therefore become better teachers.
GFP’s Resource Catalogue provides you with an overview of the materials available including samples of the Teachers’ Manuals, Students’ Manuals and weekly take-home Papers. Our staff would be pleased to answer your questions or provide additional information regarding the Line Upon Line Modular Bible Lessons. Please contact us:
Business hours: Monday to Friday – 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. EST
Order online at our webstore.
Our curriculum of 17 modules covers the historical portions of the Bible comprehensively with a five year plan. Unlike most Sunday School curricula, our Modular Bible Lessons are undated. Instead of being bound to a schedule and study order determined by the publisher, you have the freedom to choose what you want to study and when you want to study it. You may choose to have everyone studying Genesis at the same time or conversely you could have the adults study Acts while the children study the Life of Christ. If your classes are studying the same modules, the lessons follow the same portion of Scripture at the different levels. Thus families can discuss the lessons together at home.
In addition to Sunday Schools, various levels of the the Modular Bible Lessons have also been used very effectively in homeschooling, missionary teaching, prison work, small group Bible studies and children’s Bible clubs.
Teacher’s Manual: Contains an explanation of the Scripture text and helps for the teacher.
Student’s Manual: These are different for every level. At the Primary level, a coloring book; at the Intermediate level, an activity book; and at the Advanced level, a study guide. (The Junior High level can use the Advanced student manual if so desired.)
Weekly Paper: A complement to the lesson. Each paper contains a relevant story either presenting the gospel or some aspect of Christian life as well as articles, columns, etc.
Contact us for a free Modular Bible Lesson Resource Catalogue showing sample pages from modules with a list of modules.