This Christian Nurture Course for those who have recently become Christians was originally available in a folder of photocopy masters. Now released in a stapled A4 booklet, pages can still be copied and used as before, but not lost!
- Becoming a Christian – new birth explained.
- Immediate changes that come with the new birth.
- Change of lifestyle now to be expected.
- Why Christians have difficulties early in their new lives.
- Keeping on sinning – old habits.
- Reading the Scriptures – establishing a quiet time.
- Meeting with other Christians.
- Wanting to do something for Christ.
- Witnessing – family and friends. Do’s and Don’ts.
- Baptism. Scriptural authority, pattern and need.
- Belonging to a local church of Christians.
- New Christian – new lifestyle – how God sees the change – changes to be made.
- Different in the home – family.
- Different in the workplace – colleagues.
- Different in the community – neighbours.
- Different in society – government.
- The new sphere of life – the local church.
- Christian growth and development – how it takes place.
- Start doing some reading.
- Discover your gift – practical experience.
- Occupy your hands – busy/diligent.
- Keep clean – beginning sanctification.
- Life is so busy – keeping a spiritual life alive and well:
- Dealing with an ‘over-filled’ lifestyle.
- Rules for maintaining a spiritual life:
- (1) Keep in touch with the Lord – communion.
- (2) Obeying Scripture – practice/response.
- (3) Belonging to a local church – being at its meetings – importance of fellowship.
- Deeper questions about Christian living.
- Rethinking my approach to:
- 1) Money matters – debt, paying bills, living honestly, giving to the Lord.
- 2) My sex life – relations with the opposite sex.
- 3) Temptation – dealing with doubts/sin.
- 4) Testing and trials – living through hard times.
- The local church.
- What is a local church of Christians like?
- Why are there local churches/
- What are the denominations about?
- The local church
- What does the New Testament say about activities of the local church?
- What is required of me if I join a local church?
- The decision to be made about the local church.
- Who is the Holy Spirit and what does He do for me?
- Why did the Holy Spirit come down from God?
- Is the Holy Spirit different from God and the Lord Jesus?
- How do I experience the Holy Spirit in my life?
- How is He important to my Christian life?
- Why is the Bible so important?
- What kind of book is the Bible?
- Now I’m a Christian, how important is the Bible to me?
- How do I start to read and study it?
- What are the secrets of successful Bible reading?